Glass lantern roofs
Finish off the contemporary look of your extension by having a thermally broken aluminium lantern roof system specially designed by SUNFLEX UK. Designed with modern square edged profiles to match in well with our folding doors, sliding doors and windows. Help ensure project symmetry by ordering your roof at the same time from the same supplier as your doors and windows.
- Designed to sit on an upstand by others, with or without an aluminium projecting sill.
- Order the roof at the same time as the doors below to help ensure they line through.
- Standard pitch of 20°.
- 24mm Glazing accommodated. Clear toughened ‘Low-E’ units supplied as standard with optional upgrades including solar reflective and obscured.
- Tested to BS 6399-3:1988 and is able to withstand several inches of snowfall.
- Thermally broken aluminium using polyamide and using EPDM glazing gasket and dual hardness gasket for high performance, tested to CP3 Chapter V part 2 for wind loadings up to 100mph.
- Rafters up to 1000mm apart.
- The roof system can be designed to incorporate opening roof lights, for ventilation, which sit neatly into the roof design at low level. Available with manual operation or electrically operated with the option of thermostatic controls and rain sensor.
- Down lighters can be incorporated within the rafters of the roof, a neat way of adding additional internal lighting.
- Lean to roof style of roof and also flat roof-lights available from SUNFLEX UK.
- Square edged profiles matching in well with our bifolding and sliding doors.
- Standard colours RAL 7016 Anthracite Grey or White RAL 9016 – each in semi-gloss.
- Choose from over 200 frame colours available including brushed steel, textured, woodgrain and anodised.
- Marine painting process option - SUNFLEX UK ensures it's roofs are given the best possible protection when being installed within 5000m of the coast/tidal estuary or around swimming pool/chemical environment. This is done by pre-fabricating the systems prior to painting, ensuring every cut edge or exposed machined slot or hole is painted to ensure maximum protection, of course a strict cleaning regime is also required to prevent salt build up but no company tries harder to ensure its products will stand up to such a harsh environment.